PATHWAYS HOME | PSYCHIC SOUL HOME | FORUMS HOME | CHAT ROOM | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Welcome to our Forums
Go Back   Pathways of the Soul » Psychic Soul » Paranormal and Metaphysical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-07, 03:03 PM   #1
incredula
Pathwalker

Question Do curses really exist?

I just want to know if curses, witchcraft or spells really do exist and if they do how does one know if you have one. And also what can one do to get rid of it? Can someone please help me with these questions?

Thank you.

May God Bless you and your familes
incredula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 06:46 PM   #2
OrpheriŽl
Pathwalker

In a way, yes curse, and blessings do exist. Since every person shapes his or her own experience here, it's possible to influence their beliefs, or in other words, curse them so that their creation changes for better or for worse.

Long ago, it was sheer magic for the common folk that a rune caster could leave a mark on a stone, and then another rune could read it! Amazing, right? I mean, the first rune caster could be long gone, even dead, and his message could still be communicated. Of course, most people couldn't read or write back then and nowadays this type of magic isn't too impressive anymore.

But in the old days, bards and storytellers were held in high regard end the pen actually was more powerful then the sword. In their stories and songs, kings could either be grand, majestic and fair, or incompetent, fooling and appalling. And that, for seemingly eternity. Nobody fancies the latter and I believe that's what spawned the common view we have about curses.

Imagine this for instance, someone is told they will die in a car accident. Every time that this person is driving, he is are more alert then would usually be the case. He is thinking ďI don't want to die in a car accidentĒ. So doing, he attracts the reality of a car accident and charges it with a strong emotion.

I read a story once about a rune caster such as mentioned earlier. An old man cursed a group of people by making ridiculous noises while dancing naked in front of them, and then adding some insult. Now, I don't know about you, but the image of that guy would stick with me for sure. Him, and the insult. In fact, it might be such a convincing image that I would start believing whatever he had said without even realizing.

So that's one side to curses, someone curses you and leaves you to reality create your own doom and gloom. I think this is the kind of curse we all deal with from time to time. The defense is to restore the power to yourself by acknowledging your sovereign authority over what you create and experience. You can do it by will power, shielding techniques, sprinkling holy water over you, whatever makes you feel in charge again. Nobody can really make you do anything or let anything happen to you. It's all about how much people can get you to give in to their suggestions about your reality.
Old 26-01-07, 03:18 AM   #3
Nholdamek
Pathwalker

I agree. I believe we all have free will up to a point, and that we more-or-less manifest our own reality, as long as it is aligned with that of the Universe. if we have negative thoughts about something, and believe in something negative, then that very well could happen.

As for witchcraft and spells, I do believe they exist, but is another way of creating your reality, just through ritual.

Of course, I also believe our souls are here for a specific purpose, and so if something is in conflict with that purpose, it just can't happen. Also I think we are here to learn certain lessons, and nothing can interfere with that.
Nholdamek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-07, 05:01 AM   #4
incredula
Pathwalker

First I want to thank the both of you for taking your time to reply. Orpheriel I understand what you're saying. I know that the more we believe in this stuff its like we're opening the doors to it. All my life I have always thought of witchcraft as something that is out there but I have always been able to believe in God and myself that I would be safe from any kind of evil doing from someone. I've always thought to myself that God is stronger than anything in this world and with this I didn't think any harm would come to me nor my family. And yes I agree with the example you gave in regards to the car accident. But what I don't understand is when you mention that nobody can make me do anything or or let anything happen to me. I not sure if what you mean by this is that nobody can harm me unless I allow them to. Of course I would never allow anyone to cause any harm to me nor my family but don't you think that you don't have to give your permission to something like this? I mean there are evil people out there and that are capabale of doing something like this of which they sure aren't going to ask for your permission. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say or get at.

Nholdamek, I'm sorry but I really don't understand this:

As for witchcraft and spells, I do believe they exist, but is another way of creating your reality, just through ritual.

Of course, I also believe our souls are here for a specific purpose, and so if something is in conflict with that purpose, it just can't happen. Also I think we are here to learn certain lessons, and nothing can interfere with that.
Can you please explain this to me? I'm really sorry.

I do understand what your saying in the begining and yes I agree with you on negative thoughts we may have. I have been a true believer that positive thinking can do wonders we never thought of. Negative thinking only brings you bad energy and thats when the negative thoughts come into affect.

But there's one question still outstanding and that is how can get rid of this. I know Orph mentioned holy water. I have tried this before. I also have been using a special water that's called Kananga Water.along with a special soap called Ruda Soap. I followed the instructions that were giving to me at first I did feel better but after the ten days of using the soap along with the water I no longer feel any different. I still use the Kananga Water every now and then but I'm at the point that I just don't know what to do. I feel helpless.

Well I just thought I would share a little bit more with you both. Do I sound crazy or wacked? I hope I don't because I can assure you I'm not. Or am I in denial? lol
Once again than you both

May God bless you and your families
Old 31-01-07, 07:32 AM   #5
OrpheriŽl
Pathwalker

Dear Incredula,

You really donít sound crazy or wacked. Some time ago, I had no way of justifying such things as curses for myself, they didnít quite fit into fantasy and didnít quit fit in reality either. After study, I developed new beliefs, which do explain to me how this stuff works. Now I have the urge to share my findings, so I thank you for providing me with a chance to speak. Donít feel bad about asking, by doing so you help yourself and others.

All questions are representations of answers within your mind with which you are not quite in tune. Thereís no such thing as a question without answer, they are each the opposite end of the same thing.

I know what you mean, saying that there are evil people out there who are capable of doing something bad to others without asking permission. But conscious or not, all creation comes from within. Consider natural disasters for example. A storm will not ask your permission to blow your house over obviously. In a plane crash, the people on board didnít take the flight with the conscious prospect of crashing. These occurrences make us feel powerless at times, but we arenít.

In all things there are lessons to learn for everyone who is involved. When a person happens to be robbed, he possibly is learning about the value of possessions. Perhaps this person has been excessively fearful of being robbed, thus drawing that kind of event into his reality. Maybe he needs to learn ways to retrieve his belongings or maybe there is a karmic relationship with the thief. At the same time, the robber created the same situation in his own way. He may be arrested after the theft and learn about justice and retribution. In any case, both these people have a lesson to learn and this is what drew them together. The thief robbed this specific person because their lessons overlapped.

The people on a plane crash are not there against their will. At the moment of the incident, they will however experience the pain and fear. This charges the moment of their passing in a certain way. Some people prefer a death that takes place in a peaceful environment, maybe with family members present, a gentile passing. But to others, old age may be like a curse on itís own, a slow transition a torture. For these people, a wild sudden death may simply be the preferred way of transitioning from this realm to the next. Another possibility for a dramatic accident may be that all the people involved chose to set an example for the whole world to notice so that change would happen that may save many lives in the future. Again, they would not be in that situation against their will.

To be caught in a violent storm will make you experience the full force of nature, a bond that most city dwelling people loose and may wish to reconnect with. Loosing all your possessions changes your focus to what is left, like family and friends. Basically, we learn through every event in our lives, even the very unpleasant ones. We also create every event in our lives, even the unpleasant ones.

What I believe that Nholdamek meant when he said that he believed in witchcraft and spells, and that it was simply another way of creating your reality, just through ritualÖ Well, we really are all connected and co create the world. A very good friend of mine is skilled in long distance healing. It is a practice during which she connects her energy to the energy of another person and doing so she is able to heal from the inside. When the ďpatientĒ wants to heal, they always do. When they donít want to heal, they will experience the positive effects of the healing only for a brief period of maybe a few days. Their lesson needs to be learned over a longer time.

The same is true for curses, when one is cast, you will be effected if you allow yourself to be and if you deny the energy behind the curse, it will not have a lasting impression, or no impression at all.

Please keep on asking if you have questions left, I will share my beliefs, others will share theirs and together weíll come to new understandings in time.

Good luck with your conscious creations ;)
Old 31-01-07, 10:18 AM   #6
Nholdamek
Pathwalker

I was saying that I think that we are living this incarnation to experience very specific lessons, and that regardless, nothing can interfere with our experiences of those, including someone else trying to harm us.

Unfortunately I can't really give any advice for protection against such things. I don't know if you do any kind of rituals, but a protection ritual might help.
Old 01-02-07, 12:50 PM   #7
incredula
Pathwalker

Dear Orpheriel, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your the help you are willing to give me. I don't know if you've read any of my other posts in different sections of the forum in those posts I kind of go into more detail as to whats going on in my life. Maybe if you one day have time to read them you could probably understand as to why I've started thinking this way. In regards to when you say the following:

The same is true for curses, when one is cast, you will be effected if you allow yourself to be and if you deny the energy behind the curse, it will not have a lasting impression, or no impression at all

This is the way I've always thought even though I am concious that there are evil people out the that will try to harm us I was also concious that there is a God that will protect us from and defend us . Like I mentioned earlier I always thought I was stronger than anything that had to do with witchcraft and anykind of evil doings from others. I have refused to let that get the best of me.

One day I mentioned my problems to a friend of mine who suggested I go to a tarot card reader. At first I refused but then decided what else could I lose, so we went together to see her. The lady took out her tarot cards and spread them for me. Without uttering a word to her she started telling me everything that was going on in my life and also told me that a curse had been put on me. She told me that I needed immediate help because if I didnt I would be capable of doing something to myself. Of which I've thought of many many times. She also mentioned that part of the curse that was put on me was so that no man would stay with me even though she could see that I attracted men very easily they would leave me. I was left speachless. She then gave me the soap and water i mentioned in my last post. She gave me instructions of which I followed. All along my heart kept ponding really fast even when I used the items she gave me but at the same time I was full of faith and relief that finally I was going to be able to go on with my life. Things did change for a little while but again my life is on pause. I'm like stuck unable to better myself or get ahead of anything. That lady also mentioned to me that my daughter would be leaving me also. Unfortunately she was right. My daughter moved out without careing for me. I'm really afraid of what will come next. Im trying really hard not to think about the so called curse that was placed on me. I pray alot to God and keep my faith in him and try to think positive. But something always happens that prevents me from being able to go on with my life. I was supposed to have surgery on my right knee on Feb. 5th of this year. I was really happy because I knew that once I had surgery I would be able to go back to work and like I keep saying go on with my life. Well again something happened to prevent me from getting this surgery. When things like this happen is when I stop to think about that damn curse, and to be honest with you I hate it with all my heart to even waste my time thinking about it. It doesnt deserve not 1 second of my life nor 1 once of energy from me. But it still there in the back of my head. I've had suicidel thoughts, depression, anxiety the works. Everything that goes with depression. Im taking medication for this but sometimes it just doesnt help much. I just trust in God that he will give me the strenght to go on. Like a friend of mine says....Its going to get worse before it gets better. So here I am waiting for things to get better. I just wish there was something I could do.
Old 01-02-07, 06:22 PM   #8
redoctopus
Pathwalker

Post Something smells fishy

Dear Incredula,

Something smells fishy!!

Telling someone theyíve been cursed is one of the oldest scams out there. There is no such thing as a curse. From what you have shared here, it sounds to me as if you have been scammed, and filled with FEAR.

Sounds fishy the magical soap & water was available for you also. Did you pay for the reading and the soap?

Incredula, I am not an expert, but it sounds like psychic fraud. Itís a scam. There is no such thing as curses.

Pour that fear out, as it is not yours!!

redoctopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-07, 07:35 PM   #9
Nholdamek
Pathwalker

I disagree that there are no such thing as curses, in a sense. I've read of very real experiences of those who have been targeted by others through so called black magick. Those doing such magick would invoke spirits to go after the person, and it was definitely very real. I think all there is to do in this case is to pray to whatever you believe in, and possibly to do a protection ritual or whatever is necessary.

I agree that the psychic sounds fishy. I was just waiting for you to say you had to pay so much to have the curse removed, etc etc etc...
Old 02-02-07, 04:16 AM   #10
Joe Run
Pathwalker

Hello Incredula

I find these posts very fascinating, and I think it is a great topic! There are so many people dealing with the thoughts in the same manner all of you do in this, and if they read this, then my guess is, they will really be appreciative for your sharing. As I am, too. Because - as OrpheriŽl indicate (- thank you for the story of the naked dancer, OrpheriŽl! I have not stopped laughing yet! ), it is not what we send out what matters in this; it is how we understand what is sent out. - how it affects us.

Curses can be understood as energies spent for certain ends. They are classified as 'curses' in need for a concept, which covers the wish for negative impact of energies upon another - in rare cases upon oneself. When it comes to curses, it is certainly a matter of what truths we have made for ourselves - to live with. These truths are basically (- defined as -) our understanding of how the reality works.

If one lives in a reality with a strong belief in the effects of curses (- which means in short, to consider cursing 'truth'), then any cue which trigger a behaviour related to this belief, will carry the potential to realize the specified curses. This is valid whether the cue is conveyed materially, verbally, visually or vibrationally. But what is really intriguing in this, is that all such cues simply and basically can be understood as messages.

What did the dancer OrpheriŽl mentioned do, when he had finnished his 'cursing' (- oh! I really think I would have enjoyed watching that! )? Of course - he walked away! He trusted the cursed ones - or whatever powerful entities he beleived in - to attract whatever accidents or ill demise wished for upon them. He trusts them to walk right into it by themselves, so to speak.

Several investigations all over the world has been made on the effects of belief upon health. They show, roughly, that one third of all doctor-visits are cured by what is called the placebo effect (- there is another name for this too, but I cannot recall it right now. - maybe later.). That is some number! Now - what this effect actually is, is probably something else than how it is explained. (- the definition of placebo is negative - it is defined as something working (healing) in the absence of something (medication)).

If belief is the active component in placebo, then it is very likely that it works both ways. If you believe yourself sick, you will eventually become sick. If you beleive yourself vital and healthy, you will attract that. But what is beleif actually doing to us?! What is our truth doing? What is trust doing? What is faith doing? These are actually the same question, not? Well, in a way, they are.

They all relate to the world as we think it is. As we think it is. This thinking may have a close relation to reality, or not so close. That does not matter. We relate to the world, both consciously and unconsciously, as we understand it. And it has worked for mankind since the stone age.

Now - if you set out to describe your own personal world how it actually is, then you will hopefully soon find aspects you are pleased with, but you probably will find some aspect not so pleasing, too. We all have our frontiers. How you approach the aspects of your world, is for a large part a question of your personality.

You may wish for the world to be different, but find yourself unable to do anything to change it. Well - then you have a barrier, and need to change direction, perspective, or focus. And when you do that, you have changed the odds radically for progress and success.

You may also consciously wish to change the world, but you do not do anything to change it. That is a situation valid for a lot of people. Then there are probably something going on unconsciously, and you may profit alot on working on that level.

What makes us turn around? What makes us stay? What signals do we perceive on the options we have? And on what level do we catch them?

These signals are basically messages from our senses. And I speak of senses in the wider scope here. They can spur us for action, or they can act as cues for already learned behaviour, according to our established beleif systems - our truths. In the latter instance, we may find that our strings are used to play scrap music by others. But once we know how to play our own strings, so to speak, we probably choose the finer chords we know how to play ourselves.

We are urged to relate to what we can change for the better. This is actually much easier than what is generally understood. We can actually relate all our actions to other people. And we know that all our actions has some kind of negative, neutral or positive impact. It is evident that people may differ on how conscious they are in choosing the 'good' actions. But when we see that our beleifs, too, are subject to choice - then my personal advice is of course to choose the good ones.

The challenge may be to distinguish negative from positive and neutral in this. That may be a topic of personal philosophy and approach. The isolated choice of action may not carry much significance, but your focus is shaping you. And soon - rather than late - you will become a fine-tuned instrument for attracting the 'good stuff' in life. If you are steadfast and consistent in this, you will become a driving force of megnetism - of gravity.

With love,
Joe
Joe Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 07:06 PM   #11
OrpheriŽl
Pathwalker

Joe, thank you for saying this, it helped me phrase a sentence that I've been brooding on since a few posts ago:

Quote:
ďCurses can be understood as energies spent for certain ends. They are classified as 'curses' in need for a concept, which covers the wish for negative impact of energies upon another - in rare cases upon oneself. When it comes to curses, it is certainly a matter of what truths we have made for ourselves - to live with. These truths are basically (- defined as -) our understanding of how the reality works. ď
Incredula, you are an intuitive person and I assume that your sister is too to some degree. You say that a part of your curse is that you will not be able to stay with a man for long. Well, consider this, not many people are able to find a life partner that they never split up with. At the moment, your energy/disposition may just not be suitable to support a long term relationship. I read some of your other posts as you suggested, they all predict much change and growth coming your way. No one man may be able to be with you as you go through all the changes. Your sister probably felt this, consciously or not. In that way, you were confronted with a reality that you have not been able to let go ever since.

I believe, if I may be so bald, that letting go is just the thing that your current lessons are about. If you want to go with the flow, you will have to learn to detach. Detach from your emotions first, let go of regrets and sorrows that bind you to the past. Think back on an event that you feel strongly connected to, something about which you may feel guilty. You will either see how you did your best to make things work out or you may see how you could have tried harder. Either way, that event has passed and with it you learned lessons either through success or failure. You progress by applying the lessons learned, so detach from the event itself, let it be for what it is, and instead focus on the wisdom you gained.

You could practice detachment concerning people as well. Do everything what you think should be done to have balanced relationships but allow yourself to let go of grief when things do not work out in spite of your best efforts. Remember that things just are, and it is up to you to decide whether things are bad or good. Your relationships reflect on you and you use relationships to experience yourself. Whether the experience is good or bad it is the lessons that you learn that count.

Doing our best is all we can do and should do really, there shouldn't be any room for regrets. If things don't turn out to be the way you want them to after you did your best to make things go a certain way, well, no reason to feel bad about it. You did your best already so what else is there to it? I know this sounds a bit childish and much to simple, but you can get in a lot of trouble if you aim your emotions into an area of life to which no change can be made anymore. Doing so creates attachments that prevent you from moving on in a comfortable way.

Ah, so much can be said on this topic, but I don't want to bore you too much ^^ There is just one more thing in some of your posts that was really striking. You mention in some of your posts that you have felt suicidal at times. Suicide is a bad idea, you are in this position because you want to learn certain things and running away will only stall the process. There is an easy way out, but it is through acceptance rather then through denial. Accept that you know in your heart, that the situation that you are in, is one that will take you to the greatest sense of fulfillment in the end. When you feel that your time has come, you will pass over in a natural and comfortable way. When you try ending things before your time however, chances are that you will fail and have to deal with the consequences.

This curse of yours won't last forever, you will meet your dream partner when you are ready. Once the curse is broken you will be ready, and when you are ready, you will break the curse. But you know, we wouldn't have a sense of humor if it were not a necessity for survival.
Old 08-02-07, 03:31 PM   #12
incredula
Pathwalker

Thank you all for replying to my post. Greatly appreciated.

I have read all of your replies along with my own and I guess I didn't word myself too good in regards to my beliefs. I say this because of the following comments:

Joe Run
If one lives in a reality with a strong belief in the effects of curses (- which means in short, to consider cursing 'truth'), then any cue which trigger a behaviour related to this belief, will carry the potential to realize the specified curses. This is valid whether the cue is conveyed materially, verbally, visually or vibrationally. But what is really intriguing in this, is that all such cues simply and basically can be understood as messages.

Nholdamek:
I agree. I believe we all have free will up to a point, and that we more-or-less manifest our own reality, as long as it is aligned with that of the Universe. if we have negative thoughts about something, and believe in something negative, then that very well could happen.

What I meant to say is exactly what you guys are saying. I believe that the more you believe in something that is so wrong or evil it's like you're opening your doors to it. You're inviting that evil or I guess another way to put it is negetive energies into your life. I am a true believer in this and will always stand up for this belief I have installed in myself. If we allow any kind of bad energies or better said curses to come into your life it's like you're giving into it. So what I'm trying to say is that I fully understand where you guys are coming from. But there comes a time in ones life in which one says enough is enough. I have been known as the strongest one in my family even though I am the youngest of the women in my family. My sisters have always looked up to me in one way or other. But as time goes by I feel I am not only letting my daughter and myself down but also my family down. Which doesnt make things any easier (but that's a whole other topic.) What frustrates me the most and brings me to I guess believe in curses is that no matter what I do something always happens to prevent me from getting back up on my feet.

For example (one of many) I was supposed to have surgery on my right knee on 2-05-07 which is this past Monday. I have waited on this date for so long. Having this surgery meant for me the road to me getting back on my feet. I don't know if anyone has been thru losing a job, being unable to work because of some injury or whatever the reason may be but bottom line has lost a job and has someone depending on them. It is a horrible and very frustrating feeling. One's job is the base to everything in your life. Without a job you are no longer able to support yourself and anyone else that is depending on you. Since I was 16 yrs old I have done nothing but work and especailly after I had my daughter. And when one loses this its like you are losing not only yourself but anyone else that is depending on you too. It's not a very nice place to be in. Well my point is that I was very happy to finally be able to have this surgery on my knee. Well with my luck on 02-01-07 I developed Bronquitis. Something that would interfere with the anesthsia I would be getting for surgery. Come to find out I now have to wait another 4 or 5 months to be able to reschedule surgery again. Frustrating huh? Well this is just an example of what I have gone thru that prevents me from doing one of the things I most enjoy in life but not only for that reason but for my whole base of what has to do with me being able to make it in this world. I don't know if you guys can kind of get the feeling of what I may be feeling right now but believe me this is very frustrating for me. Again there's something getting in the way that will enable me to go on with my life and able to get back on my feet. Im not sure if Im making sense of what Im saying being that just writing about what I feel makes me very upset.

Well I hope you guys are able to kind of understand what Im talking about when I say mention this supposive curse that I may have upon me. Not fun at all. I could mention so many other instances similiar to this one but that would take me way to long.

Orpheriel in regards to this:
This curse of yours won't last forever, you will meet your dream partner when you are ready. Once the curse is broken you will be ready, and when you are ready, you will break the curse.

Believe me right now I am not ready for a relationship even if I wanted one I don't want to stress myself with one at this point. Because to me a relationship is exactly that, stress. I have come to terms with myself and I at this point of my life have accepted that I may end up by myself and it's ok with me. But what's not ok with me is me losing my daughter and my job while I guess there's no other way to put it but to call it a journey. A journey that has taken way too long and has taken way too much from me. I try not to think of it this too much but really does anyone blame me for asking if curses do exist after all that I have been thru? The little I have shared with all of you is what it is, little. But reality is reality and I have to live with all that is going on with my life. The only thing I can do is pray to God and keep believing in God and myself. Along with a very difficult battle in keeping my sanity. Am I making any kind of sense to you guys? Im sorry but I guess this topic makes me very upset and I start to not understand myself. I with great hope and faith come to this website for aid and maybe some kind of responses or advice. In other words any advice you may have will not bore me. In all honesty if it wasn't for the internet I don't know what would become of me. Because it's like if I'm not on my computer and all I'm doing is setting on my couch or laying on my bed watching TV I would litteraly go insane or probably even worse. If I dont keep my mind busy on other things I really couldnt say I would be here right now writing this nor reading this. That is why I promise you I would never nor could never be bored with any suggestions or advice anyone here could give me.

Thank you all for your replies they really do help me alot and are greatly appreciated. Since I have no one else to talk about this. Thanks .

May God Bless you and your famlies

Last edited by incredula : 08-02-07 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-02-07, 03:43 PM   #13
incredula
Pathwalker

Hi Joe Run I also wanted to mention this so maybe you can kind of get an idea as to what i am feeling. I ran across a reply you made to a Crissy2 in regards as to what she is going thru. Well let me tell you something. What she is describing is somthing similiar to what I am going thru or am feeling right now. Only that she is able to word and describe her feelings way much better than me. Hope that by me mentioning this will give you more information as to what Im kind of going thru. Thanks for your kind words and advice. Actually I thank all of you that have posted a reply to my post. Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice.

May God Bless you and your families
Old 08-02-07, 05:18 PM   #14
quinte
PathHelper

Hello Incredula,

Some very fine advise has been offered to you in this thread, for which I am grateful. In your post (post nr 5) you explain how you have made use of some of this advise, and have applied certain methods to rid yourself of what you term ďa curseĒ. Hun, the reason why people use holy water, or any other type of ďmediumĒ during their ďritualsĒ of getting rid of curses, is merely because it becomes an aid to help them along. It is so much easier for one to associate with the task at hand when there is something symbolic to tie it up with.
This symbolism comes in the form of the holy water. Perhaps I can draw a parallel as explanatory note to this,Ö. Some psychics use the pendulum, others use tarot cards, again others utilize candles or whatever works for them. At the end of the day, it is not the object itself that is the conductor of psychic information, but the person themselves! The tarot cards, for instance, are a method of gaining inspiration towards psychic information. The onus however very much depends on the psychic themselves.

And thus so is the situation with holy water, for instance. You are the force behind it, the holy water becomes your tool towards implementing your task. Hence, it is not a matter of the holy water not working, but rather a case of YOU not achieving the desired results.

That was quite crudely put, but necessary in order for me to help you along a little. Ö.. You see, if you donít believe in the ďpowers of holy waterĒ, then you ultimately do not believe in yourself being able to take the task at hand.

What if you were to attempt again, but this time with the ultimate resolve that the holy water works through YOU, and you work through the Universe. Now, a combination like that just cannot falter. This you MUST believe!!! And then, only then, hun, it will work!!

I can only second what Orpheriel has replied to you (post nr 5) regarding evil forces.

Curses, as others here have suggested, do not really exist, unless of course one wishes to believe in such things. It is all a matter of energy, where one energy influences the next. An example of this is the psychic you visited. I am also of the opinion that this psychic may have caused you more harm than good. Had she given you an encouraging reading, with solutions of positive energies, you would have returned from her feeling so much stronger and invigorated. Please never ever heed the word of someone if that word is of negative energy. But let me not digress into this direction, for others (as you yourself) have already discussed the topic of sending out energies and receiving like energy in return.

Incredula, what if one were to suppose that things happen to us for a reason. Would it be possible that your surgery was postponed due to a specific reason? Granted, we may not yet know what that reason is yet. Or perhaps we need to embark upon a search for it. Delaying the surgery to you means a postponement of work. And this latter is the last thing you had planned. So, perhaps we can peek in this direction? This delay, would it not provide you with ample time to embark upon an entirely new direction of work? The delay is there for you to work with. You can either sit at home feeling miserable about your situation, or you can become invigorated about now finally having an opportunity to go out there and start a new venture. Your work perhaps is not where your destination is. Per chance you do not know yet that your path is taking you along an entirely different route. So, again, the decision becomes yours. What will you do with this unexpected available time? Will you make it work for you?

Tap into your Soul, dear Incredula Ė for this is where your power lays. There is no power greater than your own soul. Soul is abundant, and waiting for you. You merely need to recognize it above the adise of any psychic, above the dooming call of curses, above all else. For your Soul is who you truly are. All you need do is to remind yourself: ďI am SoulĒ Ė and you will feel this omnipresent power engulf and invigorate you.

Yes Ė you are Soul!!!

You are powerful beyond measure. More powerful than any curse, more powerful than any setback, Ö.. become Soul Ė become yourself, hun. For you have not been yourself in a very long time! Try to remember what it feels like.

Once you have become Soul, you will be inspired into doing what is right. All things will fall into place one by one.
We are here to help you climb out of your current state where everything just seems to go wrong, into an empowered zone of authenticity. Others too will recognize this authenticity in you and be drawn by it. It is much like becoming the light of a candle, or a bright and shining star. Imagine being the Sun (that powerful), radiating such lovely warmth that others seek to nurture themselves in it.
Imagine, and then become :-)

In Peace,
quinte
Do you have registration or login problems, queries, or simply need a helping hand to find your way around the site? Please drop us a message in the Feedback/ feedback and Assistance forum, so that we are able to help you. (Guests may also post messages in this forum)

Prefer a custom made avatar?
Send your photograph to my e-mail - so I can insert it into your profile for you. (no need to worry about size).
quinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-07, 05:59 PM   #15
intune
Pathwalker

Wink

Incredula,

When ever I see your post I always get the feeling that your asking for advice. Advice is a sudjestion not a cure or the bottom line, and I know I put my heart into what I'm feeling at the time that I give advice and I really try my best. My Mom had knee re-placement on both knees 3months apart . She is on social security and if she was in your situation I don't think the delay would of been so long. The surgery went great and it was really needed because bone was rubbing on bone. In your case I really don't know what your medical substance is, but it has it's draw backs and this one of them. Things are not worse, they are the same..........but with faith they will get better. Keeping a white candle burning while your awake , blow it out before sleeping , will keep the positive energy around you. Your very intutive , this is the time to develope, you have no choice. Just start by opening your charkas--meditate--find out who your spirit guide is--there are so many avenues to develope and the time is there,relax, and grow in a different way.

love & light
intune
Old 10-02-07, 02:35 AM   #16
Joe Run
Pathwalker

Dear Incredula,

I have pondered some days upon your posts of late now, and find your thoughts in many ways to be very reflective. Much can be said about the value of reflection, but there is another trait, which I rather find somewhat more intriguing in your words. And I find substantial possibility for your increased understanding, should you choose to follow me in these thoughts.

However, I also see the possibility for you not finding this line of thinking immediately appealing, as you probably will find me challenge your own truths in this. That is not always felt so very pleasantly by anyone. So if you choose to disregard this, then please forgive me for leading you to this sidetrack in your path. It is presented as an option for you to relate to - and ponder upon.

I will start by looking at some isolated statements from your posts. In social relationships, that is a method that can be misused in 'power-games' or 'mind-games', and manipulation. We have no interest in that here on Pathways. But we do read between the lines, and to truly honour and respect those in request for advice, we need to pick up on some entries - some of which also you have presented to us.

- - - -

Quote:
"One's job is the base to everything in your life."

Incredula - I really do not mean to be disrespectful here, but is not this statement a direct invitation for you, to change what you "base everything in your life" on? As the western society is dependent on money for its function, income may be seen necessary for a minimum living standard. But there are very many ways to generate such income. Creativity, social networking, practical planning, and approach towards reachable goals are extremely useful in this.

The reason I can tell you this with some decency in keep, is that this is applicable to myself as well. So many times have I found this to be my own lesson, that I have not yet stopped surprising myself whenever I phrase a specific goal.

By experience I can tell you, that the moment you stop base "everything" on anything else than yourself, you will probably make huge progress. I do not know if you fully see the important nuances in this, but from what I have read in your posts, this could be really crucial for you, Incredula.

- - - -

Quote:
"But what's not ok with me is me losing my daughter and my job [...]."

One of the most difficult things many parents find - and I mean many - is to let the children they have raised for 15-20-25 years go out there to live their lives by their own. This is a crucial point in raising a child, would you not agree?

Some children have to take the final step all by themselves. Others take it gradually. It is extremely individual, and whatever the case is, it may come as a total surprise to the parents. - to the degree, it may be traumatizing. But are the children really lost to the parents for that reason? What are the children finding, that the parents do not see? And why does it matter? These questions are true challenges for the parents, and a lot of progress can be seen when they pass these.

- - - -

Quote:
"A journey that has taken way too long and has taken way too much from me. I try not to think of it this too much but really does anyone blame me for asking if curses do exist after all that I have been thru?"

People exist. You exist. And curses can exist if you want them to - and they can be very effective, at that. But only if you stick with them.

I really wish for you to find yourself as a person who can handle life's challenges, Incredula. - to be able to relax and have a good time in life. You have indeed encountered some challenges. Some of those have put you into a very exposed situation. As they have been going on for some time, there is also a substantial probability that you have developed habits of thinking. We all are in risk for that after prolonged exposure to adversities.

For you to fully understand what I point at here, I would like for you to check up on this post, and specifically evaluate the following statement of yours, which I find of a general and fundamental character in your later posts:

Quote:
"[...] no matter what I do something always happens to prevent me from getting back up on my feet."

- - - -

Ok - I know this is hard to swallow, Incredula. Believe me - I know... So - if you find yourself unable to walk this line with me, I understand that thoroughly. And if that is the case, I want you to leave it for your own sake. Because what I have pointed at, is for you to do some very hard work upon yourself. Such work can result in deeply rewarding progress, but it is also some of the most difficult things we do as human beings.

What I eventually hope for you, is to reach for an understanding of your own soul. Quinte has pointed to some very essential aspects of soul for you. And you may find some really inspiring writings on that, not only here in the forums on Pathways, but also in the article-libraries here on Pathways and on Spiritual Soul. Combine it with your material life, and you will find yourself to be exactly the person you envision in your dreams, your hopes and wishes - but most of all: In your reality.

With love,
Joe
Joe Run is offline   Reply With Quote